This mediation worksop will focus on the peace that naturally arises when we sit, breathe, and abide in presence. Scientific research has shown that a daily meditation practice can significantly reduce a number of ailments associated with stress, as well as increase feelings of connection, joy, love, wellbeing, and a compassionate engagement with ourselves and the world. While meditation instruction is quite simple, it is not easy. Practicing in a group, with an experienced teacher, can be of great benefit towards the development of a daily practice.
Description of Workshop: This 3-hour workshop will consist of lecture and presentation, seated practice, moving practice, and question and answer.
· What is Mindfulness
· Meditation means different things to different people – clarity on what we are practicing
· The current science of Mindfulness
· Simple focused awareness and concentration practices
· Guided seated practice
· Guided Movement practice
· Guided Mindfulness of the Body (all-levels asana practice)
· Developing a daily meditation practice
· Question and Answer